Job Title : Metrology Team Leader
Supervisor : Manager, Research and Technology Development
Location : Shanghai
- The position holder has the assignment to be the Team Leader for Metrology
- Act as competence mentor for engineers and technicians working in the Metrology Laboratory.
- To provide Metrology related services to internal customers as well as to other parts of the team.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of the laboratory's processes, the quality of work and the team spirit to be able to continuously improve customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in working in Fine measuring lab environment (At least 5 years).
- Experience in people management (At least 2 years).
- Good knowledge in Mechanical, Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing measurement.
- Good knowledge in various ASTM, ISO, DIN and Chinese standards for Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing measurement, particularly for bearing measurement.
- Good knowledge in quality management & EHS.
- Good management and coaching skills.
- Good coordination, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly responsible and open-minded.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
1 The position holder takes on the managerial responsibilities and authorities for the Metrology lab with respect to; plan, direct and control the technical, administrative and resource activities in order to ensure high operational efficiency and delivery of technically correct results according to agreed objectives, lead time and cost.
2 Define, plan and perform dimension, form and tolerancing measuring activities according to the agreed objectives, budget, time-frame and to the full satisfaction of the Customer.
3 To ensure that used processes, methods and equipment are in line with SKF requirements and applied Quality standards.
4 Create effective working collaborations with the SKF Divisions and factories by providing advice on measurement with regard to measurement of properties and development of manufacturing parameters and products, and promoting laboratory services that can be offered.
5 Act as mentor for the Metrology Engineers and Technicians in the laboratory and as required give instructions and supervise their investigations.