Be the line manager of factory (SSBC) purchasing resources, lead all the purchasing activities. Prioritize work tasks, coach/lead the team on a daily basis to ensure all the purchasing needs are fulfilled with right cost, quality and delivery time.
This position will take charge of the purchasing of direct materials, and lead two people for the purchasing of indirect materials.
1. Ensure best practice of strategic sourcing processes and operational purchasing process are implemented and used.
2. Ensure that the SKF contract principles and formats are negotiated and agreed with the suppliers in scope.
3. Lead the purchasing team to fulfill all the purchasing needs with right cost, quality and delivery time.
4. Lead the purchasing team to optimize daily operation in purchasing function.
5. Price monitoring for direct /indirect material and deviation analysis through good communication with factory management team and Group purchasing team.
6. Supplier capacity and quality monitoring, analyze the deviation and take the improvement action.
7. Lead strategic supplier cost reduction projects, define and monitor project savings.
8. Business plan and forecast for purchasing.
9. Support & coach direct reports in daily operations when needed, develop and retain people in order to secure necessary competencies/resources in line with the needs of the organization.
10. Other tasks related to purchasing.
1. Bachelor degree or above, major in Mechanics, Engineering or equivalent.
2. Minimum 8-10 years total working experience, with min 5 years’ experience of purchasing or mechanical engineering related.
3. Good knowledge of mechanical products.
4. Good at process / project management.
5. Mature, systematic thinking, has business acumen, customer-oriented.
6. Excellent organizational skills, planning skills and negotiation skills.
7. Hands on attitude, team spirit, accountable.
8. Familiar with quality system requirement will be preferred (such as IATF 16949).
9. Fluent spoken and written Chinese and English.